There’s an old saying: “It takes a village to raise a child.” Australian parents often feel they have to raise their children all by themselves, especially if they don’t have friends or relatives nearby. No-one can do everything alone, we all need help sometimes.
We have prepared these Parent Resources for parents of young children to use if you need them. Some are relating to specific conditions or issues that families might experience but they contain good general advice too.
- Name it to tame it
- Understanding the Brain – Flipped Lids
- Calming Sensory Activities
- Understanding Behaviour for Kids on the Autism Spectrum
- Effective Instructions
- Catch Your Child Being Good
- Choose What you Respond to
If you’re still having trouble raising your children, ask for help. Wherever you live in Australia, some people who can help you are:
- Noah’s Inclusion Services
- Your family doctor or paediatrician
- Your local Early Intervention Centre
- Your local Community Health Centre
- Your child’s preschool or child care centre
- Your child’s school counsellor
© Noah’s Ark Centre of Shoalhaven Inc. This material is made available for personal use only. Commercial use is prohibited without the express, written permission of Noah’s Inclusion Services.